Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ONE PRAYER: GOD IS LOVE

ONE PRAYER http://2009.oneprayer.com/
• The Epic Journey (http://twitter.com/TheEpicJourney) joined along with 1,790 other churches around the world to reach the world with the power of God’s love.
• On Sunday, Craig Groeschel started the month long series off with a message entitled “God is Love.”
• Listen to the message right here: http://tinyurl.com/mngla6


God Loves You! It is easy for me to see how God could love you, but as bad as I am, it is hard for me to see that God loves me.


2 Questions:

1. Why would God love someone as bad as me?
• Job 42: 5-6 5 My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you. 6 Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."
• 1 Corinthians 15:9 9For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

2. Why would God love someone so insignificant?
• Exodus 3:11 11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
• 1 Chronicles 29:14 "But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.”

*Love is not just something that God does; love is something that God is.*
**************************GOD IS LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*********************

*God’s Love covers your sins!
• 1 Peter 4:8 - Love covers a multitude of sins.
• Titus 3: 4-5 - 4But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit
• When you start to feel insignificant, remember God’s love is what makes us significant. It is His love that makes you who He wants you to be.
• Jeremiah 31:3 - 3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with loving-kindness.”

• How could God care about me, there are so many of us?

• 2 stories from Luke 15
o Women with 10 coins loses one
o Man with 2 sons loses one
o Man with 100 sheep loses one
o Despite having more coins, another son, and 99 other sheep, these people did everything they could to find the other ONE.

• Even though there are 6 billion people in the world, maybe YOU are the ONE.

• GOD IS LOVE, AND MAYBE YOU ARE THE ONE HE IS PERSUING

• John 3:16 - 16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”


My Take
Wow, this guy is intense. I love his emotion and command. What a great speaker. If you are just reading this and have not listened to it, you have to listen to it. Just click on this link: http://tinyurl.com/mngla6 . The discussion about his 6 kids at the end is very powerful. I love the way he relates it to God’s love for us. It makes us see how God can love you and love me both on a very personal level. As a teacher to be, I have had teaching experiences that show this type of love. You get to know your students and you just end up loving them. And you don’t love some more than others, you have a deep love and care for each one in a different, but uniquely similar way. God has so many children and sometimes I think God has more important things to take care of than to worry about my little problems. I have it really good. Some of God’s children don’t have it so good. I think, I should not even ask God for these things when he has already given me so much compared to what some of His other children have. But, his love covers us all. He can and does love all of us equally at the same time. God is love and His love is for all of us who choose to accept it.
The story about the little girl at the end is a great way to wrap the message up. Good Stuff! Maybe we aren’t listening close enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment